One of the largest, most integral parts of an HVAC system is its ductwork system, which distributes air in an enclosed area. Your duct system also helps maintain air quality and a comfortable temperature.
The Importance of Maintaining Air Ducts
To maintain good air quality and proper circulation, air ducts require upkeep. That means regular checkups and maintenance to minimize the effects of wear and tear on your duct system. This also allows you to detect issues early, while they’re still relatively easy (and less expensive) to resolve.
Signs that Your Air Ducts Need to be Checked and Serviced
It’s best to address ductwork problems as quickly as possible. Damaged air ducts not only affect comfort, they may also pose a health risk. Furthermore, unresolved ductwork issues often lead to bigger, more expensive problems.
To resolve ductwork problems early, call an HVAC professional if you notice any of the following:
- Signs of damage include cracks, breaks, and hissing sounds. If you see or hear anything unusual in your air ducts, it’s best to schedule a maintenance check.
- Insufficient airflow is the most obvious sign that your air ducts need cleaning or servicing. It’s typically caused by a leak, block, or damage in the air ducts.
- High energy consumption. If your power bills are higher than usual, damaged ductwork may be the reason. When air ducts fail to function properly, it reduces energy efficiency.
- Inconsistent temperature, such as rooms that are hotter or colder than the rest of the house, indicate a ductwork issue.
- Allergies and respiratory problems often occur when air quality falls due to ductwork problems. If your family or colleagues have respiratory difficulties or it seems that their allergies are more aggravated, it may be due to dirty air ducts.
When Is the Right Time to Repair, Replace, or Update Ductwork?
The answer depends on several factors, such as how severe the damage is and whether you’ve made recent changes to your property. For example, renovations and upgrades may call for additional ductwork.
Northern Air helps you determine the best course of action for your air ducts. In addition to providing a comprehensive assessment and recommendation, we also have the tools and equipment to complete the services your ductwork needs. We can draw, measure, and design sheet metal ductwork for both residential and commercial systems. Designing builds, remodels, and IT work are also part of our services.
Why Northern Air?
Our expertise combined with excellent service, honesty, reliability, and affordable rates make us the #1 choice to handle your HVAC needs. If your air ducts and other HVAC systems need to be checked or serviced, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are committed to providing solutions—service, repairs, and installations—as promptly as we can. Meanwhile, if you want to know more about us and what we do, reach us via phone or by sending a message via this website.