The average air conditioner has a life expectancy of 10 to 15 years. Of course, that assumes proper maintenance and operation. You’ll maximize the lifespan of your AC unit with annual preventive maintenance. That’s why Northern Air offers a thorough, 40-point inspection designed to keep your air conditioner humming all summer long.
Of course, it’s best not to wait until it’s already hot to schedule your yearly AC inspection. Preferably, you’ll have your HVAC system inspected twice a year, once in the spring to ensure it properly cools the home and again in the fall, to make sure the heater is working.
When you schedule your annual AC tune-up with Northern Air, our technician runs through the full 40-point checklist and then gives you a detailed report so you understand how well your system works and whether there are any causes for concern.
Your Northern Air tech runs and tests your entire system, making any necessary adjustments along the way. Our checklist includes:
- Checking refrigerant levels to rule out a leak
- Lubricating the fan motor and bearings
- Inspecting the blower and outdoor motor
- Checking temperature splits
- Inspecting duct seal and panel
- Testing thermostat operation
- Inspecting and adjusting belts
- Inspecting all electrical components, including wires, circuits, and controls
- Checking motor voltage and amperage
- Inspecting the evaporator coils and condenser