Ductwork or duct system is one of the integral components of a HVAC system. It distributes air in an enclosed area and is helpful in maintaining air quality and keeping temperature at a comfortable level.
The Importance of Maintaining Air Ducts
Primarily, air ducts need proper upkeep in order to maintain good air quality and proper air circulation in a home or business establishment. Regular check-ups and maintenance can also minimize the effect of wear and tear on ductwork and detect any problem or damage early on.
Signs that your Air Ducts Need to be Checked and Serviced
Ductwork problems are issues that need to be addressed as soon as possible. Damaged air ducts will not just affect comfort in your home, it can also be detrimental to health. Furthermore, unresolved ductwork issues may result to bigger problems that may warrant higher expenditures. To prevent ductwork problems from getting worse, seek professional help at the first signs of the following:
- Signs of damage – Cracks, breaks, and hissing sounds are some of the signs of damaged ductwork. If you see or hear anything unusual in your air ducts, it’s best to schedule a maintenance check.
- Insufficient airflow – Irregularities with air distribution is the most obvious sign that your air ducts need cleaning or servicing. It is typically caused by a leak, block, or damage in the air ducts.
- High energy consumption – Did your electricity bill went higher than usual? Damaged ductwork may be the reason why. Energy efficiency is affected when are air ducts are not functioning the way they’re supposed to.
- Inconsistent temperature – When one room is colder or warmer than the other, it could be due to a ductwork issue.
- Allergies and respiratory problems – The quality of air that air ducts distribute will only be as good as how clean they are and how well they’re functioning. So when you notice that your family or colleagues are having respiratory difficulties or it seems that their allergies are more aggravated, it might be due to dirty air ducts.
When is the Right Time to Repair, Replace, or Update Ductwork?
It depends on several factors such as how severe the damage is. Meanwhile, if you made upgrades on your property, additional ductwork may be in order.
Northern Air can help you find the best course of action for your air ducts. Aside from providing a comprehensive assessment and recommendation, we also have the tools and equipment to carry out the necessary services your ductwork needs. We can draw, measure, and design sheet metal ductwork for both residential and commercial systems. Designing builds, remodels, and IT work are also part of our services.
Why Northern Air?
Our expertise combined with excellent service, honesty, reliability, and affordable rates make us the top choice for HVAC needs. If your air ducts and other HVAC systems need to be checked or serviced, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are committed to providing solutions—service, repairs, and installations—as promptly as we can. Meanwhile, if you want to know more about us and what we do, reach us via phone or through sending a message via this website.